Think Strawberries has set a goal to take Jordan to the position of ‘Most Desirable Destination’ for the Indian traveler by 2019.
The Jordan Tourism Board has announced the 2016 Indian arrival figures to Jordan. In a unprecedented trend, the same day visitor arrivals from India has declined by 4.50 per cent, which indicates that visitors are now spending more time in the country. Also, overnight visitors have shown an unprecedented growth of 18.40 per cent, which is an impressive figure.
The India Representative office of JTB, Think Strawberries has set a goal to take Jordan to the position of ‘Most Desirable Destination’ for the Indian traveler by 2019 by achieving higher visitor arrivals and increasing the overnight stay steadily.
Ashit Taneja, Country Manager, Jordan Tourism Board, India Office comments, “Jordan still is and will remain one of the safest destinations to visit. It is a very stable country with unique blend of culture, history, food, wellness, adventure and warm hospitality that continues to draw tourists from India and all over the world every year.”
Jordan offers an excellent blend of tradition, culture along with developed infrastructure and world class hospitality services. Jordanian food and the great experiences of Dead Sea, Petra and Wadi Rum make it distinct from other countries. We welcome the Indian tourist to Jordan and want them to come back to India with fond memories and memorable experiences.
Indians can avail of FREE Visa on arrival in Jordan since the beginning of 2016.
The requirements are:
* Book through Jordanian DMC/supplier and stay for minimum 2 nights with minimum 5 pax as a group
* Buy the Jordan Pass and stay for minimum 3 consecutive nights in Jordan. The Jordan Pass is the ultimate sightseeing ticket to Jordan. It offers hassle-free prepaid entry at a reduced rate to over 40 attractions in Jordan. Link and details to buy the Jordan Pass: https://www.jordanpass.jo/
If the traveler does not fulfill the requirements stated above, the traveler can pay USD 56 or JD 40 and still avail Visa on Arrival.
The basic formalities required for Indians who wish to avail this facility is:
- USD 1000 cash per personp
- Confirmed return ticket
- Confirmed hotel reservation under travellers name
- Passport validity of 6 months from date of arrival into Jordan